Skip to main content

Diddy keeps it classy with Ciroc Vodka



I can't lie. When I first heard about Diddy and Ciroc hooking up I chuckled. I really thought it was going to be just another "hood beverage" of some less than average alcohol. In my minds eye, I could see all the stereotypical ads they would do. So I just cringed at the thought.

I was wrong. The above ad is very classy. Its a throwback to the Rat Pack days. No doubt Sinatra would have loved Diddy. It shows successful, happy people dining with elegance. They are steadily pushing Ciroc as n upper class beverage. Nobody wants to brown bag it with Ciroc! You want to be seen, dressed well surrounded by the beautiful people. I don't have any idea about how Ciroc tastes, or what it goes good with (I don't drink). But, this is a very solid ad from front to back. I tip my hat to everybody on the ad team that was willing to think outside of the box.

-Beyond Urban Branding

beyondurban@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carla Fendi Dies in Rome

One of the true queens of fashion has passed. VOGUE: O ne of the five formidable Fendi sisters (Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla and Alda), who inherited  their family's fashion house  - has died in Rome, aged 79. FULL STORY  Many people forget that the Fendi brand permeated Hip-Hop heavily in its formative years. Rap  icons EPMD had a dancer named FENDI.... A lot of people forget that in the early rap days, a lot of rappers were teamed with dancers, and DJ's as crews to help get the party going. Fendi was a Hip-Hop dance pioneer. He was not a bboy. I am not a dance historian but his moves seemed to be a blend of strutting, locking and a little vogue dancing. Here is a slightly grainy clip FENDI DANCING

E-40 Hits the Big Time in new TV Ad

E-40 has always been a giant in my heart. I'm from The Bay Area. But it has taken time for people to acclimate to his level. Now he is seen as a futuristic mogul OUTSIDE of Hip-Hop. In his latest genius move, Drive Time Credit Company uses his classic Choices and re-raps the lyrics. This one caught me off guard and I was happy surprised. Original E-40 Song Choices 

MMA Brand News: Sinister Brand Clothing gets shout out from real rappers

I've always loves Sinister Brand fight wear. You've seen some of the biggest UFC stars wear their shirts into the cage. These guys have made quality stuff for years. Recently I heard a track from the upcoming album by Rakaa Iriscience from the trio Dilated Peoples. Outside of his devastating rhymes, he's one of the first rappers to train in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. His new solo album Crown of Thorns drops July 20th 2010. Anyway in one of his songs he says "Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Sinister Brand Sponsored/ You ain't fit, you old aerobics like Jane Fonda!" I love it. So many rappers reference MMA and UFC related themes in their music. This one is by far one of the best. Expect to hear more stuff like that in the coming years. If you ain't up on Dilated Peoples you are probably living under a rock. Here are two videos I suggest you peep. You will see Ralek, Ryron and Renner Gracie in a cameo This Way feat. Kanye West