Skip to main content

AT&T blend pulling on heartstrings, and comedy in Rethink Possible campaign

 

Looking towards an inevitable future AT&T made a great ad here. What I love about this ad is that its courageous enough to suggest a Latino President of the United States of America is possible. To run this ad during the tense state of political current events is pretty cool. Obviously it touches on so many things at once: The power of taking a chance, love, and the makers of the technology that allows you to make it happen.


Once more pulling on the heartstrings, AT&T really gets the consumer to embrace their childhood through technology. Its paced well with warm and fuzzy creatures keeping you reminiscing until the final frame. I notice kids actually enjoy this ad a lot as well. My one year old daughter stops what shes doing and giggles at this ad every time it runs.


This ad is quick and funny. The main thing is, you really don't know how its going to end- until it does.


You can't have the urban crowd if young African American males aren't rocking your stuff. The cool thing here is instead of putting these guys in a 64 Impala and doing something stereotypical, they have these guys on a university campus. GREAT LOOK!!

AT&T has done a great job of balancing heartfelt messaging and comedy here. That's not easy to do. Hats off to all the creative teams involved for a job well done.

-Beyond Urban Branding

beyondurban@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great moments in urban branding: Tupac Shakur

Now it's all about Versace,You copied my style/Five shots couldn't drop me, I took it and smiled.- Tupac, "Hit Em Up"

 I didn't call Versace he called me to come to his show and to wear his close and to "Please wear my shoes!" Please wear my shit you are the image of Versace.- Tupac Shakur interview

MMA Brand News: Sinister Brand Clothing gets shout out from real rappers

I've always loves Sinister Brand fight wear. You've seen some of the biggest UFC stars wear their shirts into the cage. These guys have made quality stuff for years. Recently I heard a track from the upcoming album by Rakaa Iriscience from the trio Dilated Peoples. Outside of his devastating rhymes, he's one of the first rappers to train in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. His new solo album Crown of Thorns drops July 20th 2010. Anyway in one of his songs he says "Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Sinister Brand Sponsored/ You ain't fit, you old aerobics like Jane Fonda!" I love it. So many rappers reference MMA and UFC related themes in their music. This one is by far one of the best. Expect to hear more stuff like that in the coming years. If you ain't up on Dilated Peoples you are probably living under a rock. Here are two videos I suggest you peep.

You will see Ralek, Ryron and Renner Gracie in a cameo


This Way feat. Kanye West

Great Moments in Urban Branding: Notorious B.I.G

I miss B.I.G., I miss the Twin Towers....

So, what's it gonna be? him or me?
We can cruise the world with pearls, gator boots for girls
The envy of all women, crush linen
Cartier wrist-wear with diamonds in em
-Biggie Smalls, One More Chance